Close Quick viewer pane with button inside the pane

Suggestions and feature requests.
Free4all

Close Quick viewer pane with button inside the pane

#1 Post by Free4all » 02.05.2015, 06:46

When the Quick viewer pane is enabled, it would be great to be able to close the pane by pressing a Close (or toggle) button from within the pane.

I tried adding
[x]=actViewQuickView;tbsButton;;;0;;0;0;0

with the appropriate value of [x] into the required ini sections, but it didn't work.

The close button could either be a standard Close button (represented in Windows by an 'x') or a toolbar button that can be added to the Quick viewer toolbar... or FreeCommander could allow the user a choice of which to add.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Close Quick viewer pane with button inside the pane

#2 Post by Dreamer » 02.05.2015, 13:51

There is a workaround, you can create the "Quick view panel" button for the main toolbar, splitter bar, or address bar, then use it to toggle - open/close quick viewer.

Free4all

Re: Close Quick viewer pane with button inside the pane

#3 Post by Free4all » 04.05.2015, 04:09

Dreamer wrote:There is a workaround, you can create the "Quick view panel" button for the main toolbar, splitter bar, or address bar, then use it to toggle - open/close quick viewer.
Thank you for your workaround ideas, Dreamer. Lol... My original post was much longer, and I truncated it because I felt it was TLDR. It preemptively addressed a couple of those options. I'll try to recreate some of what I removed:

I do have the Quick view button in the horizontal splitter bar, but when the Quick view pane is displayed, the horizontal splitter bar has to be resized. This results in the button moving and the bar getting crowded (as expected - not a bug). As such, finding that button becomes challenging once the Quick view panel is opened. An "X" (close) button or another "Quick view panel" button within the Quick view pane would take care of it nicely.

BTW, I don't use a main toolbar because vertical space is so limited on these new-fangled widescreen displays. As a temporary workaround, I might try your idea of adding it to both address bars... but that's more clutter and those buttons are pretty small.