Search file content: ignore binary file

Suggestions and feature requests.
LongTTH

Search file content: ignore binary file

#1 Post by LongTTH » 07.11.2014, 05:25

i've just try to search a piece of text in a folder which have alot of file & sub-folder, the text i in 1 simple txt file, but in that folder there are a lot of large binary file (.cab , .rar ) and the FCXE do search with these binary files :(
I think it would be a nice feature and performance boost if you can add an option to "ignore binary and zipped files" when do the "search file content/containing text"
-
Sorry for my bad English.

Timon

Re: Search file content: ignore binary file

#2 Post by Timon » 07.11.2014, 07:18

i've just try to search a piece of text in a folder which have alot of file & sub-folder, the text i in 1 simple txt file
In Search files/folders in File name you can specify *.txt to find desired text only in txt files format
I think it would be a nice feature and performance boost if you can add an option to "ignore binary and zipped files" when do the "search file content/containing text"
Also starting from FC XE 674 donor you can use include/exclude filters (even for folders). You can specify *.*;-*.rar to search all files, except rar. See http://forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6180