Page 1 of 1

Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 02:23
by Link68759
Currently, if you sort by name then all folders within one tab will be sorted by name.

I propose that column profiles have the ability to specify which field is sorted for that profile. For example, I normally always sort by Name, but when accessing my downloads folder I want it sorted by date.

thanks

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 16:22
by ralfso
You can define conditions for each profile at:
Tools - Settings - View - Column profiles - Define profile conditions

E.g. All subfolders <sub> or Folder name <mask>

You can find the explanation for the conditions in the Help-file "FreeCommanderXE_chm_en.zip" on the download page at:
http://www.freecommander.com/fc_downl_en.htm

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 16:47
by alf5000
Link68759 wrote:I propose that column profiles have the ability to specify which field is sorted for that profile. For example, I normally always sort by Name, but when accessing my downloads folder I want it sorted by date.thanks
@ralfso: this is what I've been wanting for ages but I can't find anything in the help file - could you please teach me how to do it?

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 18:23
by joby_toss

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 18:34
by Link68759
ralfso wrote:You can define conditions for each profile at:
Tools - Settings - View - Column profiles - Define profile conditions

E.g. All subfolders <sub> or Folder name <mask>

You can find the explanation for the conditions in the Help-file "FreeCommanderXE_chm_en.zip" on the download page at:
http://www.freecommander.com/fc_downl_en.htm

Thanks for the reply but my feature request is not currently an option for column profiles. You cannot select a default sort by profile.

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 18:39
by alf5000
@joby_toss
thanks - but how does that <mask> thing automatically sort the files/folders by 'Date modified'?

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 18:47
by Link68759
alf5000 wrote:@joby_toss
thanks - but how does that <mask> thing automatically sort the files/folders by 'Date modified'?
It doesn't. The mask is only one of the ways in which you apply a profile to certain folders. There is currently no way to set a default sort by profile- hence my feature request.

Re: Column Profiles default sort field

Posted: 14.09.2014, 19:21
by joby_toss
I always thought the sorting is remembered by profile... guess I was wrong.

Maybe because of this:

Image