Favorites Dialog

Suggestions and feature requests.
Bootup

Favorites Dialog

#1 Post by Bootup » 09.07.2014, 04:41

When adding a dual pane favorite, it would be nice to have a dialog box where I can name it whatever I want with a drop down of current dual pane favorites (so to overwrite a favorite save if you want). What happens is this. I set up a left and right folder like I want and save it as a favorite then go into favorites edit and change the name like I want, then, if I make any changes and want to save the changes, I have to click to add favorites, go into edit, delete the previous favorite and rename the new one to the one I deleted. A lot of extra work for what I consider the main feature of FreeCommander.

note: I never save single pane favorites, that is nothing special as you can make a shortcut to any folder you want with windows explorer. however the "Add one favorite item with right and left folder" command is a very nice feature that is hard to find in other file managers and the omission of a graphic on the toolbar button makes me wonder if its being overlooked.

edit. Using layouts instead of favorites seems to solve this problem, can not find a toolbar button to quickly switch between layouts though.