Fast cursor moving to top of folder and bottom of folder

Suggestions and feature requests.
cheshi_mantu

Fast cursor moving to top of folder and bottom of folder

#1 Post by cheshi_mantu » 01.01.2014, 08:48

Hi
Could you please make the following functionality that is used in Far commander and which is very useful:
by pressing left/right arrow the cursor is moved to the beginning of the visible file list or to the end of the currently visible list of files. Currently it's done by pressing PgUp and PgDn but it's much faster to use arrows for this.
Thanks a lot.

joby_toss

Re: Fast cursor moving to top of folder and bottom of folder

#2 Post by joby_toss » 01.01.2014, 08:57

I think using Home/End keys is much more intuitive for this task.
Using Left/Right arrows actually move the horizontal scrollbar to left or right, again, very intuitive.

cheshi_mantu

#3 Post by cheshi_mantu » 01.01.2014, 20:24

The deal here is human engineering not intuitiveness. Download far and try to use arrows instead of home end pgdn pgup you will understand what I'm talking about.
In any new file manager after several years of using far commander I'm trying to use right left arrows to scroll pages.

You need to move your hand before you will be able to scroll in your case. Using arrows you won't need it. That's it.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 01.01.2014, 23:57

I have requested this feature years ago, in list view it works like this already, so I support this request, as option, because currently it's used to horizontal scrolling.