Colouring problem - help needed

Suggestions and feature requests.
omaa kaan

Colouring problem - help needed

#1 Post by omaa kaan » 28.12.2013, 19:32

Could someone help me, please? I spent hours trying and now I'm really exhausted.

How do I make this:

look like this:

I mean, without this blueish colouration. I did it once (few years ago) for FC 2009 and now I'm trying to achieve the same in FC XE.

Thank you, in advance.
Best wishes for all users and for FC Creator of course : )
Last edited by omaa kaan on 03.01.2014, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 x64.
Happy user of FC 2009 (for many years) and FC XE.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Colouring problem - help needed

#2 Post by Dreamer » 29.12.2013, 01:08

It looks it's not possible to change AFAIK.

omaa kaan

#3 Post by omaa kaan » 29.12.2013, 10:47

Thanks for replay Dreamer. Oh... impossible...
But I did in FC 2009, still have it.

And is it impossible to completely get rid of 3D effect of this bar? These screenshots show much clearer look with flat bar:
http://www.freecommander.com/fc_shots_en.htm

I know, it may seems as just an aesthetic matter, but the truth is - neater, straighter look means less defocuses and faster working. At least for me.

Any ideas? Anyone?
Last edited by omaa kaan on 03.01.2014, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 x64.

PeCe

#4 Post by PeCe » 29.12.2013, 16:58

Since I use a different Windows theme, I do not have this "problem", just for test changed to Windows Aero and did some tests, checked the ini's but like you I can not find a way to change the colours of the columnbar. There are many bars/menu's/displayed items you can manipulate, but not the columnbar.

Same applies to the 3d look, you can not change that for the columnbar. Except by changing the Windows theme.

I use the Windows classic theme, then it is displayed without the colouring of the columnbar and its (not completely) flat.
BUT then all your programs and Windows get another look, it that is what you want?!?
Greetings Peter,
using Win7 (64bit), FreeCommander XE and EssentialPIM

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 29.12.2013, 22:55

It looks it's really impossible to change it. If you really need it, create the new topic in the Feature Requests forum, or let me know and I move this topic there.

omaa kaan

#6 Post by omaa kaan » 30.12.2013, 08:10

PeCe wrote:BUT then all your programs and Windows get another look, it that is what you want?!?
That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid :) I know the problem is connected with aero, but at the same time, there are applications without that kind of bar (including windows explorer), so I assume it is possible not to use it, even inside aero suite.
Big thanks for your testing.
Dreamer wrote:It looks it's really impossible to change it. If you really need it, create the new topic in the Feature Requests forum, or let me know and I move this topic there.
Please do move it, Dreamer. I don't want to multiply posts, unnecessary. Perhaps Marek will find a moment to give it consideration.

All the best in 2014 for everyone.
Windows 7 x64.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#7 Post by Dreamer » 30.12.2013, 23:50

Topic moved to "Feature Requests".

I support this request, in FC almost everything is customizable and this one doesn't look nice. Perhaps it might be different if "theme off" option is enabled - or use a similar option as "Use Windows colors" on "Select items".

Additional request: Option to use custom background and text colors, since the current colors doesn't fit to my custom colors for tabs/address bar (silver-like effect).

Thanks for the wishes, all the best in 2014 to you too!