Item Height in File/Folder List

Suggestions and feature requests.
RSMurphy

Item Height in File/Folder List

#1 Post by RSMurphy » 15.03.2020, 14:05

Would like to see this option available for the File/Folder list as it is for the Tree when the view is set to List. List is my primary view since I switch to detail only as needed to reduce the visual clutter.

Currently, FreeCommander, in List view, has almost no spacing between lines and the icons butt against one another, top and bottom. The Detail view doesn't appear to have this crowding issue.

This is more of an aesthetic request but I find that just a little extra space between rows in the Tree view is easier on the eyes and would like to see the same in the List view state.

Thanks for allowing me to indulge.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Item Height in File/Folder List

#2 Post by Dreamer » 15.03.2020, 18:28

Try main menu > View > Small icons, at least as a workaround.

RSMurphy

Re: Item Height in File/Folder List

#3 Post by RSMurphy » 05.04.2020, 15:18

Yes, that is better but raises the question of why list wouldn't automatically adopt that view? My thinking is that setting a view size for the icons should only impact the size of the icons. At least for me, the only change that is visible is that each line has increased spacing. Perhaps it would be nice to incorporate a setting to set row spacing minimums or maybe to make it variable, selectable by the end-user.

I'm not sure what the ideal solution is.

Anyway, thanks for the reply Dreamer. Didn't mean to be so long in replying but the World has become really weird since I posted.

Stay safe out there!