Search results list should be editable / adjustable

Discussion, questions and support.
Forez

Search results list should be editable / adjustable

#1 Post by Forez » 16.05.2021, 17:21

When the user presses CTRL+F and is later on presented with a list of items, the user can make operations on the items from that list. But those operations are done only on the files themselves. What about operations on search results?

I will use a comparison. In Mp3tag the user can select files form the list and after clicking right mouse button either delete files entirely or "delete" them only from that list - in Mp3tag the real deletion is under "Delete" while that hiding was named "Remove"

I wish I could do the same in FreeCommander with my search result. I often make an overall / big search and end up with hundred if files for which I want to make e. g. a cross-reference of folders they are residing with the alphabetical order. And I often cannot do that because if I sort one way then I get the other way messed up. If you do not understand this then its OK as it is not important here. The important is this: if I could just select manually some of those items from the search result and remove [hide] them, thus making my list smaller and / or without problematic items, then I could do much more in FreeCommander that I am able right now

Odamn-Ete

Re: Search results list should be editable / adjustable

#2 Post by Odamn-Ete » 16.05.2021, 19:06

Hey Forez,

I have the ability to remove entries from the search results, either from the menu (File -> remove from list) or with the click of a button.

Best regards,

FreeCommander XE 2021 Build 846 64-bit donor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 20H2 Build 19042.985

Forez

Re: Search results list should be editable / adjustable

#3 Post by Forez » 22.05.2021, 15:07

I have completely missed that: the icon, the File menu entry and the keyboard shortcut

I just assumed that if such option is is not present under the right click menu [like in Mp3tag] then it is not present at all

Thank you for pointing that out to me