USB AutoPlay -> FC Synchronize with preset folders?

Discussion, questions and support.
ottenm

USB AutoPlay -> FC Synchronize with preset folders?

#1 Post by ottenm » 26.03.2008, 12:36

I have a directory tree that I synchronize onto a USB drive, and then replicate across three machines (home, office, laptop). I have a synchronize tool (Comparator Pro) set up as the Auto-Play, so whenever I plug my USB into one of these machines, ComparatorPro opens up with the two directories already selected.

I just discovered FC and it is *awesome*. It also has a better synchronizer in it than ComparatorPro, so I would love to cut myself free from the old program and just use FC, which I use all day long anyway. The only nuisance is I have to navigate *away* from wherever I am, to the two root directories before I can launch and do the synchronize. Then after I synchronize, I generally navigate back to wherever I was.

Any tips on managing any part of this are very welcome.

Maybe define a hotkey to point both panes to predefined locations? Somehow set FC as the AutoPlay app, with a command-line argument to point the folders and launch synchronize? Or any kind of script/batch to take me directly to FC's synchronize, with my folders selected? I also use FindAndRunRobot, is there a way to use FARR to set the paths for both left and right panes?

Any help greatly appreciated. And thank you for such an awesome tool.

Mike

Karol

#2 Post by Karol » 26.03.2008, 14:31

Try to use layouts.