Programs won't print when opened in FreeCommander

Discussion, questions and support.
EbrithilBowser

Programs won't print when opened in FreeCommander

#1 Post by EbrithilBowser » 14.01.2014, 16:25

Hello,

I'm new here, and I hope this is the right place to post this. I was surprised that nobody had this problem before:

I'm using a Virtual Desktop (VMWare View) with Windows 7 64bit and FreeCommander 2009.02b. Always when I open a document out of FreeCommander in a 32bit-Program (for example Word 2010 or Adobe Reader), it has problems with printing. The exact problems depend on the program:

In Adobe Reader and Acrobat, the print menu simply won't open
In Microsoft Office, the print menu opens, I can choose a printer, but when I press print, I get a message that no printer is installed on the PC
Also, when I close Office, I get a message that I should save normal.dotm
In Internet Explorer, I see all printers, but when I click on one, it shows a message that I should install a printer

None of these problems appear with 64bit-Programs. Also, the problem only appears for one user, if I login into the same View Desktop with another user, everything works fine. But, if I login with the user which has the problem, and then run something in FreeCommander as different user (Shift+Right Click => Run as different user), the problem also appears

Does anybody know this problem or a possible solution? Reinstalling FreeCommander doesn't bring any relief

Regards,
Bowser

joby_toss

Re: Programs won't print when opened in FreeCommander

#2 Post by joby_toss » 14.01.2014, 18:35

If there really is an issue with FC 2009, I doubt it will be addressed, because that version of FC is not maintained anymore. You should try the latest stable version, FC XE: http://www.freecommander.com/fc_downl_en.htm

EbrithilBowser

#3 Post by EbrithilBowser » 15.01.2014, 08:32

Okay, I'll use FC XE. Since there seems to be no .msi-Installer for XE, do you know the parameters for silently installing FC XE from the .exe-File?

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 15.01.2014, 13:40

Inno Setup wrote:/SILENT, /VERYSILENT

Instructs Setup to be silent or very silent. When Setup is silent the wizard and the background window are not displayed but the installation progress window is. When a setup is very silent this installation progress window is not displayed. Everything else is normal so for example error messages during installation are displayed and the startup prompt is (if you haven't disabled it with DisableStartupPrompt or the '/SP-' command line option explained above).
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index. ... tupcmdline

EbrithilBowser

#5 Post by EbrithilBowser » 15.01.2014, 14:29

Thank you, that's exactly what I searched for

EbrithilBowser

#6 Post by EbrithilBowser » 16.01.2014, 08:25

Thank you, with this it worked :D
Also, it solved the printing-problem

Regards,
Bowser