Startup Folders/Tabs.

Discussion, questions and support.
Sicknero

Startup Folders/Tabs.

#1 Post by Sicknero » 01.08.2013, 21:56

Hi, I'm really sorry if this has been asked and answered or if I'm just missing something really obvious... I've spent half an hour looking through the threads and there aren't any search terms I can think of to narrow it down reasonably. I've also tried every combination of Settings I can think of with no joy...

My problem is, that every time I re-open FCXE, it opens up with folders that were open when I last used it, which I don't want. All I want it to do is open up with, say, C:\ on the left and D:\ on the right, for example. It seems to make no difference what options I change in Settings, it always opens up with multiple tabs which are ones I've been using in the previous session.

I'm using FreeCommander XE 0.0.0.621 in Windows 7.

joby_toss

Re: Startup Folders/Tabs.

#2 Post by joby_toss » 02.08.2013, 03:41

Check these options:

Sicknero

Re: Startup Folders/Tabs.

#3 Post by Sicknero » 02.08.2013, 19:58

Thanks for your reply... those are the settings that I've been trying, I have My Computer and D:\ selected in "Start with following folders", I have "Close all not locked tabs..." selected and "Keep current tabs..." deselected.

My tabs are not locked, and I've also tried various combinations of those settings just in case. I've looked through the ini file as well but I can't see anything there which might be responsible.

Sometimes it's fine, and starts with just my chosen tabs open, but other times it seems to forget and starts up with a recent tabs open.

It's not really a big deal anyway, I was just wondering really if anyone else was having this problem and if it might be a known bug.