Using Tera Copy for copy and move files?

Discussion, questions and support.
peter77

Re: Using Tera Copy for copy and move files?

#16 Post by peter77 » 08.07.2013, 19:48

I am having another issue with TeraCopy, i hope someone can help me.

I decided to use portable version of Tera Copy and i didn't change any of the settings only the path to the new portable TeraCopy.exe file, but now it works only for copy/move files and folders from pane to pane but doesn't work for regular copy/paste - ctrl+C, ctrl+v. For copy/paste it uses windows.

Any idea why this is happening?

Zeus

Re: Using Tera Copy for copy and move files?

#17 Post by Zeus » 26.01.2014, 08:57

Hi!

I have a guess why it's not working. I think normal drag and drop operations in FreeCommander rely on Windows Explorer's default actions. When I first started using FreeCommander, I thought it worked with TeraCopy fine. Then I noticed the "plane to plane" functions weren't triggering TeraCopy, and came here to find out why.

I think when you installed TeraCopy in portable mode, it disabled system integration by default. Off the top of my head, you could change this by going into TeraCopy, hit More/Menu/Preference. Then check the box next to, "Use TeraCopy as default copy handler."

The downside is, it's no longer portable, in that it's messing with Windows' default copy and move actions. But the good news is, it should work just fine in FreeCommander.

P.S. I'd like to thank joby_toss for his informative post, which is how I found this thread in the first place.