Where is the recycle bin ???

Discussion, questions and support.
fcny

Where is the recycle bin ???

#1 Post by fcny » 09.09.2012, 18:44

I was wondering HOW I can view a directory tree like in Windows Explorer and get to the recycle bin from there ?

I prefer that method rather then a menu selection or whatever. I DO NOT want to empty the recycle bin, I want to VIEW its contents and the perhpas DECIDE whether or not to delete.

Scott_Y

Re: Where is the recycle bin ???

#3 Post by Scott_Y » 10.09.2012, 00:14

fcny wrote:I was wondering HOW I can view a directory tree like in Windows Explorer and get to the recycle bin from there ?
As far as I can see, FC-XE doesn't provide a directory tree like WE. Instead, it shows only the structure of the drive currently open in the focused tab.

This means that the user cannot click on other drives or special system locations directly in the tree. Instead, the click is done on toolbar buttons. The 0:Desktop button in the drive bar has Recycle Bin in its directory tree (two clicks to open the Recycle Bin). The most direct route would be to define a button for Recycle Bin (one click to open). Admittedly this requires more mouse travel than fcny's request, but it appears to be what FC-XE offers.

@Dreamer: If FC-XE can do what fcny wants, please provide instructions; perhaps I've missed it.

@fcny: How do you get Recycle Bin in the WE tree for Win7? I'm using Win7-64 like you, but it's not there -- only Favorites, Libraries, Homegroup, Computer, and Network.

fcny

#4 Post by fcny » 10.09.2012, 00:56

Thanks ... will get the XE version and try this.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 10.09.2012, 22:59

Scott_Y wrote:@Dreamer: If FC-XE can do what fcny wants, please provide instructions; perhaps I've missed it.
OK, so it looks there is a bug when using tree and recycle bin.

To enter the Recycle bin you need to press and hold Backspace to go to Desktop, then select Recycle bin and press Enter, then the content is the same as in Explorer.

Navigation from Tree is broken, sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes, when entering the folders and then go up, the names are incorrect - shorten.

Another bug, when restoring a file, Recycle bin panel is not refreshed, the file is still there, manual refresh is needed.

I'll start a new topic for these bugs.

Scott_Y

#6 Post by Scott_Y » 11.10.2012, 21:32

Scott_Y wrote:As far as I can see, FC-XE doesn't provide a directory tree like WE. Instead, it shows only the structure of the drive currently open in the focused tab.
I have discovered that I was wrong about this. What the Tree displays depends on Settings > View > Tree > Management page. Whatever is selected as the Basefolder will be the top-level node of the Tree.

Basefolder = Desktop shows at the top of the Tree, and the second-level nodes are system folders such as Computer, Control Panel, Recycle Bin, etc.

Basefolder = Computer shows at the top of the Tree, and the second-level nodes are the drives.

Basefolder = Drive shows the drive of the focused folder at the top of the Tree, and the second-level nodes are that drive's folders.