remove system folder in 'My Computer'

Discussion, questions and support.
username1114

remove system folder in 'My Computer'

#1 Post by username1114 » 25.08.2012, 07:14

When I open 'My Computer' it doesn't just displays the disks..like what the Windows Explorer does..
there is another item on top that doesn't have a name...an icon...in another column, it says that it
is a system folder..can it be removed?I want to...
I've already tried disabling 'show parent folder ".." ', thinking that it is also a parent folder
since if you double click it, it will go up(?)..but it is still there...

Scott_Y

Re: remove system folder in 'My Computer'

#2 Post by Scott_Y » 25.08.2012, 12:21

The top line in the view opened from the My Computer button is labeled System Folder. Although it functions rather like the optional Go-to-Parent line at the top of file lists and has the same ".." name, it is not controlled by the option in Settings > View > Filer/Folder List > General page > [x] Show Parent Folder ".."

"System Folder" appears to be a generic label, because that is also what my empty DVD drive is labeled in the same view. And what it contains apparently doesn't match anything I get in Win7; it is a strange combination of my Desktop contents + a few of my User folders + a few system-wide folders. So I must say it's a bit of a mystery to me.

Can you describe why you would like this line removed? Is it a problem in some way? I don't use it myself, but it's easy to ignore.