Very, very long time to show network drives

Discussion, questions and support.
Tom-HD

Very, very long time to show network drives

#1 Post by Tom-HD » 14.11.2007, 07:57

Hej, I'm a registered user of FreeCommander and I like it very well!

But there is one issue, that bug me a lot: If I try to open a network drive (from our fileserver) it takes a very long time until it is shown. The same task in the Windows explorere is a little bit slower that showing local drives but much faster than Free Commander.

I have to open network drives very often and the folder favorites would be great to manage all the diffent network places.

My question: is this behaviour special to my system/configuration? Depense it on a special setting or configuration of FreeCommander? Is there any help available?

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32

Thank you very much in advance.

MichaelK

Slow when accessing the network

#2 Post by MichaelK » 27.01.2008, 02:49

I'm having the same problem. When I click any of the computers in My Network it takes a very long time to respond.

I've tried this in 3 other files managers including Windows Explorer and get an almost instant response.

I prefer to use FreeCommander over the rest of the file managers, but the delay when accessing the network is much too long. Is there a setting or something that I am missing? Any ideas would be appreciated. I am running Windows XP.

Thanks,
Michael

raetel

#3 Post by raetel » 24.02.2008, 14:30

I had the same problem with servers in other continents.
I have deselected in the VIEW options the SHOW FILES TOOLTIP
This improved the speed.
Herman