Del doesn't move file to system recycle bin

Discussion, questions and support.
waste

Del doesn't move file to system recycle bin

#1 Post by waste » 17.12.2010, 12:09

Hello there, I am new user (ver 2009.02b) and one thing is a total enigma to me. Why DEL button deletes files permanently? DEL should only move file into system recycle bin.... I just lost quite important file, because I thought it works exactly like in Explorer. I searched option panel for recycle bin settings, but couldn't found one.
Is there something wrong with my version of FC?

wrbird

Re: Del doesn't move file to system recycle bin

#2 Post by wrbird » 17.12.2010, 20:34

My DEL button does send files to recycle bin. There is a setting in the recycle bin that can be set to bypass the recycle bin. However, this will also make Windows File Explorer bypass the recycle bin. So, if your Windows File Explorer sends files to the recycle bin, FC will also. To view the recycle bin settings right-click on the recycle bin icon on the desktop and select Properties. There you can configure the recycle bin behavior.

waste

#3 Post by waste » 20.12.2010, 11:18

I am afraid it has nothing to do with system settings. I got recycle bin enabled and WindowsXP is sending files to the bin always.

But for some reason FC started to work properly :shock:
It is strange because at Friday, and I am sure of it, it didn't. I am using it at work where many users uses the same workstation so maybe Windows just freaked out and needed to be rebooted. Anyway, I guess thread can be closed. Thanks for answer anyway. :)

neutron1132

#4 Post by neutron1132 » 20.12.2010, 17:33

Shift-Del will always bypass the Recycle Bin.