Archive file handling

Discussion, questions and support.
mreid2409

Archive file handling

#1 Post by mreid2409 » 21.10.2007, 20:39

Hi,
I would like say that I love this app. I use it now instead of Windows Explorer. The only option I would like to see (right now) is the ability to use an external app for zip, rar, jar, etc files. Although the internal viewer is nice for quick views, it lacks the tremendous options and capabilites of standalone apps such as 7-Zip or WinZip. So at the mouse action event trap, use the default internal handling if no external app is associated with archive files. But if there is one configured, use it instead.

Also, adding a folder to Favorites is cumbersome. I should be able to highlight a folder, click the Favorites button and be shown a dialog box with the full path already populated as a new entry that I can give a short name to.

Thanks

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Archive file handling

#2 Post by Dreamer » 21.10.2007, 21:49

Hello,
mreid2409 wrote:Hi,
I would like say that I love this app. I use it now instead of Windows Explorer. The only option I would like to see (right now) is the ability to use an external app for zip, rar, jar, etc files. Although the internal viewer is nice for quick views, it lacks the tremendous options and capabilites of standalone apps such as 7-Zip or WinZip. So at the mouse action event trap, use the default internal handling if no external app is associated with archive files. But if there is one configured, use it instead.
I'm not sure whether it's possible, but there sure be an option, because I like the current behavior. You can assign your favorite archive program as editor and then use Edit toolbar button, or F4 shortcut to open the archive files in this program - in settings > programs > editor.

For example:

*.7z;*.ace;*.cab;*.pak;*.rar;*.zip - D:\Programs\IZArc\IZArc.exe

You can use also right click > Open.
mreid2409 wrote:Also, adding a folder to Favorites is cumbersome. I should be able to highlight a folder, click the Favorites button and be shown a dialog box with the full path already populated as a new entry that I can give a short name to.

Thanks
There is a new feature - drag&drop to favorites bar in the current beta version. The official version will be released soon.

Please read the forum rulesbefore posting, next time. One question per topic!

mreid2409

#3 Post by mreid2409 » 22.10.2007, 15:50

Ok, that will work fork for me. I thought the editor setup was only for a text editor like notepad, ultraedit, multiedit, etc. I'm a happy camper now!

I'll also download the beta version and check it out.

Thanks -- and again, great app!