How replace WindowsExplorer for FreeCommander by defaut ?

Discussion, questions and support.
PastorDan

Re: How replace WindowsExplorer for FreeCommander by defaut

#46 Post by PastorDan » 19.12.2016, 03:16

If you are using FreeCommander XE, please copy and paste the following code into a text editor and save it as "replace-with-freecommander.reg". Then double click the file to open it and follow the instructions to add to your registry. Now all folders should open with FreeCommander XE. (Note: I had to add the (x86) to get the correct path to FreeCommander XE in Windows 10 64-bit. If you have Windows 32-bit then remove "(x86)" from the last line.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
@="FreeCommander"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\FreeCommander]
@="FreeCommander"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\FreeCommander\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FreeCommander XE\\FreeCommander.exe\" /C /R=\"%1\""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forez

#47 Post by Forez » 25.09.2018, 19:55

PastorDan wrote:
19.12.2016, 03:16
If you are using FreeCommander XE, please copy and paste the following code into a text editor and save it as "replace-with-freecommander.reg"
[...]
Similar to that previous solution [https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=6817]
Forez wrote:
11.10.2016, 17:14
[...]
this doesn't work, at least not for uTorrent
[...]
Because
[...]
when double clicking a torrent in uTorrent for the purpose of opening its folder
[...]
sometimes folder is opened via Windows Explorer [sometimes with dozens of second of delay], sometimes a drive is opened in FreeCommander
[...]
However it seems that when clicking a folder or shortcut residing on a desktop, it is opened in FC

So if I was not using uTorrent, this would work form me. But because only via the uTorrent do I open folders not-from-FreeCcommander, these issue is still unresolved for me

Forez

Re: How replace WindowsExplorer for FreeCommander by defaut ?

#48 Post by Forez » 26.09.2018, 16:58

This also has messed up my Windows 7 options for settings: FC tries now to run things like "Screen Resolution" or "Personalize"

SebastianK

#49 Post by SebastianK » 07.11.2018, 11:22

PastorDan wrote:
19.12.2016, 03:16
If you are using FreeCommander XE, please copy and paste the following code into a text editor and save it as "replace-with-freecommander.reg". Then double click the file to open it and follow the instructions to add to your registry. Now all folders should open with FreeCommander XE. (Note: I had to add the (x86) to get the correct path to FreeCommander XE in Windows 10 64-bit. If you have Windows 32-bit then remove "(x86)" from the last line.)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
@="FreeCommander"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\FreeCommander]
@="FreeCommander"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\FreeCommander\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FreeCommander XE\\FreeCommander.exe\" /C /R=\"%1\""

This didn't seem to work for me. For some reason, it looks like the changes didn't even apply. Did someone else run into the same problem?