Hint Pattern of Status Bar looses spaces in front of it after reopening of FC

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Hint Pattern of Status Bar looses spaces in front of it after reopening of FC

#1 Post by Forez » 10.11.2018, 13:03

Under the

Tools > Settings > View > Status Bar > Content > Define Details >

users can define how the information looks like in their Status Bar. The Hint Pattern is that kind of info which shows up after user hovers upon with a mouse pointer on a given element that is in the aforementioned Status Bar. Users can put there not only elements of code, but also any text or signs they want- and thus adjust the visual side to their likening; in theory that is

Because if a user puts a single space or many of them in front of whatever is to be written after them, then that empty space will be shown only as long as FreeCommander is not closed and re-opened. Because after that that extra space is removed, both in Status Bar itself and in its Settings [in the Hint Pattern box located in Define Details]. And in comparison any number of spaces set up at the end of whatever we is in options of the Hint Pattern stays there. And so it is a bug: FC wipes out without asking what user chooses [i.e. spaces] but only in one place [at the beginning of code]

I am using FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public on Windows 7 x64

Forez

Re: Hint Pattern of Status Bar looses spaces in front of it after reopening of FC

#2 Post by Forez » 26.07.2022, 00:43

This bug is still happening in version 861 32-bit public on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64

And I have just wasted 2 hours trying to come up with a consistent and aesthetic look of my Status Bar and Hint Patterns, containing also upgraded set of data - a ridiculous amount of time for something so simple in theory. The bugs and interconnecting and thus they sometimes [depending on signs used, amount of fields, the utilized order etc.] manifest as:
- removing Spaces in Define Details
- ignoring White Spaces in Status Bar
- truncating displayed Fields in Status Bar
- obscuring emtirely short Fields in Status Bar

All in all, for setting apart of my Fields with big and cosistent margins, I ended up having to utilize

Code: Select all

and

Code: Select all

i.e. white space U+2004 /   [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_character] and left one eighth block element U+258F [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_Elements] instead of ordinary Space and | sign