Quick Filter font is stuck to the bottom - thus wastes precious vertical space [FIXED]

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
Forez

Quick Filter font is stuck to the bottom - thus wastes precious vertical space [FIXED]

#1 Post by Forez » 10.11.2018, 12:39

Under the

Tools > Settings > View > Status Bar > Status Bar Height

we can choose how big the Status Bar is suppose to be. And the smaller the height, the more files / and folders we can see in Panels, right? So if the user wants to see as much as items as possible in Panels, then such user should set the Status Bars Height as low as possible- to the minimum which allows for seeing of the data defined at

Tools > Settings > View > Status Bar > Content

Unfortunately that is not the case

For me that minimum of Status Bar Height in regards to its Content is 14. However if I make it that low, I can no longer see the lower parts of some of the signs entered in the Quick Filter box, like for example low case letters >>q<< and >>y<<. I am forced to use Status Bar Height 18 at least. And at the same time [using 14] I can see a lot of empty space not utilized by the Quick Filter box above the signs entered in it

So I think that Quick Filter has set up the vertical alligment to the bottom for its content - and if simply it was changed to center, then I could use something like 14 for the Status Bar Height. I view this as a bug as it is a simple case of wasted space and a possible truncation of data that is suppose to be seen be the user [in the Quick Filter]

I am using FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public on Windows 7 x64
Last edited by Forez on 09.04.2023, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Quick Filter font is stuck to the bottom - thus wastes precious vertical space

#2 Post by Marek » 12.11.2018, 21:03

Quick filter uses font of the status bar. If you like to decrease the height of the status bar you should make the font of the status bar smaller.

Forez

Re: Quick Filter font is stuck to the bottom - thus wastes precious vertical space

#3 Post by Forez » 13.11.2018, 13:32

But I am talking about the alignment [placement] and not the mere size of the font in it

I can clearly see that there is wasted space above the text in Quick Filter box- because the font is placed lower than it could / should. And there is no option to remove wasted space in the upper area of Quick Filter box. And when I decrease the height of Status Bar, the Quick Filter gets its bottom area removed [truncated along with its text]

Forez

#4 Post by Forez » 09.04.2023, 18:02

The text in Quick Filter is now aligned to the top of its box

So the problem has been taken care of at some point; thus thank you Marek