When a Category sub-menu on Favorite Toolbar exceeds the height of the screen sometimes the scroll icons does not appear

Bugs and issues.
Forez

When a Category sub-menu on Favorite Toolbar exceeds the height of the screen sometimes the scroll icons does not appear

#1 Post by Forez » 22.06.2018, 22:40

This bug is practically the same problem on which I elaborated on the Mp3tag forum in regards to the user defined long menu that is created in Mp3tag when "too many" Actions are added: https://community.mp3tag.de/t/action-gr ... ain/18377/

Please check out the screenshots there- the problem is the same with FreeCommander. So similar that in a matter of fact I posted there finding about this issue as it appears in FC. So I will just quote myself from back there:
When Winamp is in the Windowshade Mode [looks like a bar, just like on the screenshots A-C] and the list exceeds the vertical space slightly, I see half of the last entry created for such Category sub-menu- but I can still click it. And if I add another entry, thus exceeding the space even more, then a proper scroll icons appear within my view- and everything works as it should. However the list never draws itself over the Winamp like on "C 49", but stays below it like on "B 48" [but in this case also with a downward scroll icon being visible at the bottom of the list]

An when Winamp is in the Main Mode [looks like the old Winamp, just like on the screenshots D-F] and the list exceeds the vertical space slightly, I see that entry from Category sub-menu which is before the very last entry that exceeded the available height. And if I add another entry, nothing changes visibly- because I need to add around 8 entries so that FreeCommander will draw the scroll icons. But this last part worked only in the beginning, because when I started to tamper more with it, the downward icon evaporated- and I cannot bring it back; while the upward icon stays firmly at the very top of the list. Unfortunately the Favorite Toolbar in FreeCommander has also some other issues [at least on my desktop system]
I am using FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public on Windows 7 x64. And yes, I did check out this with the default settings. And when I navigated within the CMD to

C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeCommander XE

and entered

FreeCommander.exe /N /NewIni=%FcAppDataPath%\Settings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English

and repeated the same steps in FC as I did on my own settings, I got the same results. Only this time I never at any point of tampering got to see the downward icon at the bottom of the list while Winamp was in the Main Mode- I only see than triangle icon when Winamp is in its Windowshade Mode [when it looks like a thin bar]. And the upward icon on the other hand, when Winamp was in its Main Mode of display, I got to see at once- the moment I exceeded the height of my screen
Last edited by Forez on 02.08.2022, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

Forez

Re: When a Category sub-menu on Favorite Toolbar exceeds the height of the screen sometimes the scroll icons does not ap

#2 Post by Forez » 29.06.2018, 21:01

This has been just reported on the forum of the Winamp: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=3157375

As it is most likely the Winamp and / or operating system who is the culprit

Forez

Re: When a Category sub-menu on Favorite Toolbar exceeds the height of the screen sometimes the scroll icons does not ap

#3 Post by Forez » 19.11.2023, 16:24

The same issue with menus in Everything has been mentioned also on its forum: https://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11806. So it seems it is the Winamp and / or operating system being the culprit

But can this be somehow fixed by FreeCommander, by incinerating with docked window in a different way? Or is impossible because all such behavior is governed by Windows 7 / 10?

I am now running on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2