- Configure to display the Preview Pane. (I have a single details pane and a preview pane.)
- Have several tabs (directories) available.
- Click on a large DOCX file. (e.g. a 70MB legal contract) Size matters. A super-large JPG will work too.
- Immediately click on a different tab.
The new tab displays immediately.
No confirmation of the click nor change of display occurs until the preview is fully loaded, which can be quite some time.
Alternate Use Case Scenario
- Navigate to a directory of large (10MB+) photos or documents
- Cursor up and down in the list, at one tap per second.
FreeCommander does skip the preview if you tap up/down quickly enough.
I haven't looked at the source code, but this should be fixable by moving the preview load into a separate thread, only calling the U.I. thread to blt up the render.
- FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 770 32-bit public
- Windows 10 64-bit Build 17134
- Bug created on a fresh virgin install; no legacy settings or plug-ins.