Scrolling via Thinkpad Touchpad is not working in FC

Bugs and issues.
alexk

Scrolling via Thinkpad Touchpad is not working in FC

#1 Post by alexk » 09.11.2014, 23:13

Hi all,

my thinkpad laptop has several ways of scrolling via gestures on the touchpad (e.g. by using a two-finger gesture), however none of these work in FreeCommander XE.

When I try to scroll, the mouse cursor changes to a "scrolling" cursor, but nothing happens. The scrolling works fine in every other application that supports mouse wheel scrolling. Scrolling with an external mouse works fine in FreeCommander XE.

I'm using FreeCommander XE 2014 Build 650 on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and the latest version of my touchpad drivers (ThinkPad UltraNav Driver 16.2.19.14).

The bug also appears with default settings and no plugins.

I'm aware of the fact that this is really hardware-specific, thus it might be hard to reproduce for others. But I do appreciate every feedback or ideas on how to solve this problem.

Best,

Alex

Zorkoff

Re: Scrolling via Thinkpad Touchpad is not working in FC

#3 Post by Zorkoff » 10.11.2014, 18:02

I have a Toshiba Satellite P-50 with Windows 8.1

I tried the Registry Edit suggested by Marek and it had no affect on the scroll operations in Windows File Explorer or FreeCommander XE (R673).

However, I found that after using the touchpad to position the cursor to the scroll bar, I had to press the touchpad rather hard until the scroll bar changed to a darker color, then I was able to scroll in both FCXE and Win Explorer.

I hope this helps.

alexk

Re: Scrolling via Thinkpad Touchpad is not working in FC

#4 Post by alexk » 10.11.2014, 23:42

Thanks alot, that registry hack works like a charm for me :)

So for the record, my hardware is a "Thinkpad UltraNav Pointing Device" by Synaptics.