Connected network drives don´t keep after closing FC

Bugs and issues.
jonlew

Connected network drives don´t keep after closing FC

#1 Post by jonlew » 30.06.2014, 09:12

Hi, I´ve got an issue that I think is a bug or I´m something missing. Connected network drives don´t hold after closing the FreeCommander XE.

Here´s what I do:
1) Connect some network drives, e.g. drive N: to \\server\folder - that´s ok.
2) Save the settings (saving to correct .ini to correct folder, no problem with this, every other settings keep changed if I change them)
3) Close FC XE
... half day off... now it´s tomorrow morning and I run FC XE once again, so
4) Run FC XE...
...and my connected network drives in a drive bar are gone! I have to reconnect them manually again.

Interesting thing is that with F11 (connect network drive) the drives (e.g. N:) is not used BUT my recently connected locations (\\server\folder) are shown in the list to choose from! So the program remembers that I´ve connected these network locations recently but it doesn´t connect these network drives automatically.

Another interesting thing is that if I close FC down and run it consequently again, the network drives holds there and there´s no need to reconnect them manually. It looks like FC has some cache that´s going to clear after some time of not using the program.

Is it a bug? Thanks for any comment.

Specs: FreeCommander XE 2014 portable (build 650), Windows 8.1 64bit

ralfso

Re: Connected network drives don´t keep after closing FC

#2 Post by ralfso » 30.06.2014, 17:44

Have you checked the next morning first with windows explorer if the network drives are still connected?
Maybe forgotten checkbox "reconnect on next login"?
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545

jonlew

#3 Post by jonlew » 01.07.2014, 08:07

ralfso wrote:Have you checked the next morning first with windows explorer if the network drives are still connected?
You mean connected like the network drives are switched on and accessible? Yes, they are still online.
ralfso wrote: Maybe forgotten checkbox "reconnect on next login"?
This checkbox is ticked, so the drives should connect automatically.

Hm. :cry:

jonlew

#4 Post by jonlew » 01.07.2014, 08:55

Another behavior I noticed is that if I connect to network drives, they don´t automatically appear in the drive box. I´ve got to:
Right click on the drive bar -> Settings (drive settings show up) and then if I:
- click OK = drive buttons in the drive box gets refreshed (now I can see my connected drives)
- click Cancel = drive buttons in the drive box don´t appear (although I´ve connected them!)

Anyone came across this?

njorger

#5 Post by njorger » 14.01.2016, 20:27

This is a re-post of a reply to the same issue in another thread.

"I see that nobody has replied to you on this issue. I also have this problem.

It is NOT because Windows isn't reconnecting at startup either. If use Windows File Explorer there is no problem, my mapped drives are listed.

The function to map a drive in FC uses the Windows utility so I don't understand why FC cannot show these mappings.

As Haensel asked: Is there some setting I'm overlooking to make this work properly? If so, where is it and why is it so hard to find?
"

regis589

#6 Post by regis589 » 10.04.2016, 16:56

Hi,

I've got the same issue on a new PC (Medion) with Windows 10.

I've not this with others PC or Laptop (with Seven or...Win 10...)

????
njorger wrote:This is a re-post of a reply to the same issue in another thread.

"I see that nobody has replied to you on this issue. I also have this problem.

It is NOT because Windows isn't reconnecting at startup either. If use Windows File Explorer there is no problem, my mapped drives are listed.

The function to map a drive in FC uses the Windows utility so I don't understand why FC cannot show these mappings.

As Haensel asked: Is there some setting I'm overlooking to make this work properly? If so, where is it and why is it so hard to find?
"

njorger

#7 Post by njorger » 22.04.2016, 16:46

It's been over 3 months since I posted on this issue and still no response. Is anyone monitoring this? Is anyone working on this?

I realize this is a minor issue but could someone please acknowledge our concern.

I like the product, but I would like to know if issues are being addressed.

Thank you,

fixer

#8 Post by fixer » 31.01.2017, 13:41

Drive mappings (e.g. when created through a batch file) only exist for the person under which account this batch/script was run. I activate these drive mappings in a batch file run 'as administrator'.

I was also missing these network drives in the File Commander drive button bar.
Turns out, I have to start File Commander also 'as administrator', then I see these network drive mappings.