- Make sure you use the latest version of FreeCommander.
- Report a bug only if it has appeared repeatedly.
- Describe the steps to reproduce a bug (if possible).
- Report the FreeCommander version and operating system. E.g. "FreeCommander XE 2019 Build 790a 32-bit public, Windows 10 64-bit 1809".
- Sometimes it's useful to make a screenshot of the problem. You can use the integrated FreeCommander feature (menu > Tools > Desktop Snapshot), or one of many free tools available on the Internet, or just the integrated Windows feature - press PrintScreen to make a screenshot, then open any image editor, e.g. Paint, press Ctrl+V to paste, save it and upload it to https://postimages.org/ , or https://imgur.com/ for example. Do not place large screenshots in the forum, use the links, or thumbnails instead. Please use the English language for screenshots, you can use /Lng=English command line parameter.
- Do not post bugs of the old (2009) version here, try the new XE version instead.
- Do not start the new topics in "Resolved Bugs, Issues, Requests" forum.
- Try to reproduce a bug with default settings and without plugins. To do this, use these command line parameters if you are using a standard setup version (your custom setting files will be preserved):
/N /NewIni=%FcAppDataPath%\Settings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English
When you need to restart or exit FreeCommander and start it with last used (test) settings, use these parameters:
/N /Ini=%FcAppDataPath%\Settings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English
If you are using a portable version, you can use these command line parameters for default settings:
/N /NewIni=%FcSrcPath%\Settings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English
These parameters to start with last used (test) setting in portable version:
/N /Ini=%FcSrcPath%\Settings\FreeCommanderTest.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English
If you are testing often, you can create desktop shortcuts with these parameters, or the favorite items in FreeCommander.
Marek / Dreamer