High CPU Usage with message "Other backup operation is in progress now"

Bugs and issues.
rschko

High CPU Usage with message "Other backup operation is in progress now"

#1 Post by rschko » 02.06.2021, 13:58

Using FreeCommander XE 2020 Build 840 32-bit public on two different Windows 10 64-bit machines, version 10.0.19042. One is laptop the other is a virtual machine. These are computers owned and operated by my employer so the security and antivirus software and more than what is found on a home/personal computer. I cannot determine what causes it, but once or twice a day FC will display a popup message "Other backup operation is in progress now" and the CPU usage will go to 50-70%. If I click on "OK" on the popup it immediately reappears and I cannot close/X-out of FC. I have to open task manager and end the process. The high CPU usage causes the computer to get very hot and the message does not appear to resolve itself with time. Amazingly Google turns up ZERO results when searching "Other backup operation is in progress now" in quotes. Maybe it will find this post once it gets indexed :)

Any thoughts on what is prompting the message and how to resolve or prevent it?

ektorbarajas

Re: High CPU Usage with message "Other backup operation is in progress now"

#2 Post by ektorbarajas » 04.05.2023, 16:10

Hi,

This bug is still present with version 880, I will be more than happy to help in troubleshooting this

Marek
Author
Author

Re: High CPU Usage with message "Other backup operation is in progress now"

#3 Post by Marek » 04.05.2023, 20:18

The message "Other backup operation is in progress now" appears if the auto backup operation is running and the user will try to perform "Tools->Backup all settings".
I'm surprised that such a problem occurs, because copying is very fast.
Try to disable "Auto backup" and check if it help.