Unlisted Shortcuts

Discussion, questions and support.
Budgie

Unlisted Shortcuts

#1 Post by Budgie » 19.08.2019, 20:23

Can keyboard shortcuts be customised for all functions including those not listed in the Define Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue?

For example, I would like to be able to quickly switch between selected or not selected, for the "Searched fraction must exist at the beginning of the text" option in the Tools/Settings...Quick Search/Quick Filter menu. I find it's sometimes better to have it one way, and other times the opposite - depending on what I'm searching at the time, and how accurately I can remember the file or folder name that I want.
I'd like to be able to do this without going through the hierarchy of menus every time.

FreeCommander XE 2019 Build 790 32-bit public

Karol

Re: Unlisted Shortcuts

#2 Post by Karol » 20.08.2019, 16:06

If you have the option "Searched fraction must exist at the beginning of the text" active and you want use the opposite option than use '*' as first char in your search string.

Budgie

#3 Post by Budgie » 23.08.2019, 20:31

Thank you Karol,
I never thought to try that.
However I still would like to know if any or all menu items can be assigned to hotkeys.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 23.08.2019, 21:48

You can use external program as workaround, AutoHotkey, or HotkeyP, which is easier to use than AutoHotkey.

In HotkeyP menu - File - select "Run spy.exe" (it's not a good name, but it's not any spyware!), then activate the menu item you need in FreeCommander and use the Command number and Process name in HotkeyP, like this:

Example for About dialog.

Hot key: [v] Ctrl [v] Shift [A ]
Command: Command to active window
Parameters: 189 FreeCommander.exe

This way the shortcut will be working only if FC is active, you can create also global shortcuts, more in the HotkeyP Help.

Main menu must be activated in FreeCommander and possibly you'll need the same version for HotkeyP and FreeCommander, 32-bit or 64-bit, both versions are available here for free:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hotkeyp/