Too many color palettes issue forces user to repeat color pick ups

Discussion, questions and support.
Forez

Too many color palettes issue forces user to repeat color pick ups

#1 Post by Forez » 07.11.2018, 16:20

Recently I got acquainted with yet another function [configuration possibilities] of FC [https://freecommander.com/forum/viewtop ... =18&t=9046]. And one more time when trying to adjust its colors, I had to manually copy them in from some other of my color sub-settings. There were the same colors I have already picked some time ago colors for my FC and yet once again I had to write them down [with RGB numbers]

I guess that FC was no designed from the get go with the manipulation of its colors being its main function, as we had to wait a long time for Color Schemes to see some profound user friendly abilities concerning this; and there is still a lot of work to be done in that area. But here is my proposition, a kind of workaround

How about if after clicking each of the palette icons, no matter where it is or what it control, aside from the >>Default<< and >>More Colors<< areas, it would also have something named like >>User Colors<<? It would display right there only 16 colors- those 16 colors that could be defined in the next [further] step for that area. If we could have such one and the same palette [even limited to only 16 colors] available always and everywhere, it would ease up tweaking of colors. And that addition would not affect the current inner workings of FC or individual settings- each user could choose as well to ignore that option or to start to use it in combination with current palettes or completely forgetting about those old ones [scattered all over around]

Can this be done? Or is that >>Default<< and >>More Colors<< something that the OS provides [Windows 7 x64 in my case], and so there is now way of inserting a third thing like that in there without big registry hacks?
Last edited by Forez on 01.12.2018, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Too many color palettes issue fores user to repeat color pick ups

#2 Post by Marek » 12.11.2018, 21:21

You can predefine 16 user colors if you use color schemes.
From the color selection panel you should click on "More colors" and then you can define 16 user colors.
Now if you use "Save color scheme..." the 16 colors are saved with the scheme. If you load the scheme your predefined colors are loaded too.
Saving color scheme was broken and is fixed in 787.

Forez

Re: Too many color palettes issue fores user to repeat color pick ups

#3 Post by Forez » 13.11.2018, 13:45

Marek wrote: 12.11.2018, 21:21 You can predefine 16 user colors if you use color schemes.
[...]
Saving color scheme was broken and is fixed in 787.
Probably that is what I had problem with

But as I understand the inner workings of my current version, I have multiple pallets saved with my Color Schema- in various places? Which one will be chosen by FC after an upgrade?