MD5 Checksum

Discussion, questions and support.
bluedraft_72

MD5 Checksum

#1 Post by bluedraft_72 » 09.05.2018, 07:22

Hi, since it's possible to create individual md5 checksums for files located in different folders just by selecting several folders and filtering the process by filetype (ie; create md5 files of all mp4 files contained in 100 folders), I would like to know if it's possible to batch check those md5 files that were created, because as far as I see to check the md5s you need to select them first and there is no option to filter recursively in the main pane, it appear that it's only possible to get the list of all the md5s in 100 folders just using the "search files and folders" utility but there I have no way to call the md5 checker.

Marek
Author
Author

Re: MD5 Checksum

#2 Post by Marek » 13.05.2018, 13:35

I would like to know if it's possible to batch check those md5 files that were created, because as far as I see to check the md5s you need to select them first and there is no option to filter recursively in the main pane, it appear that it's only possible to get the list of all the md5s in 100 folders just using the "search files and folders" utility but there I have no way to call the md5 checker.
It is currently not possible.
One option would be NOT to save the md5 sums per file.
You would then only have ONE md5 file and could start the checking by double-clicking on this file. Disadvantage - when checking the folder structure must be the same as when creating the sums.