Folders and Files not showing

Discussion, questions and support.
Jay-2018

Folders and Files not showing

#1 Post by Jay-2018 » 19.03.2018, 03:33

Hi all,
This problem with FC I encountered a few months ago, and I have been trying to work around it, but it has become way too inconvenient and dangerous for me now as I am relying on it more and hope to replace explorer with FC.
I was finding it strange that certain files or folders I couldn't find, even though I thought that they were where I was looking for them. I would then spend a long time looking for the files or folder I needed to do what I wanted to do, but could not find.
Some time after several occurences of this, an application opened Explorer and I happened to see a folder I had spent so much time searching for and never found in FC. Now, when I can't see a folder or file where I think it should be in FC, I go and look in Explorer and I find it there. Why is this? More importantly, how do I fix it?

FC ticks my boxes and I would be disappointed to have to ditch it for some other application, or God forbid, be forced to go back to Explorer as my only means of managing my files.

Thanks

Karol

Re: Folders and Files not showing

#2 Post by Karol » 19.03.2018, 08:15

Could you tell us examples of the files and folders you do not find?
Some screenshot from Explorer and Freecommander would not be bad either.

Forez

Re: Folders and Files not showing

#3 Post by Forez » 01.04.2018, 15:36

Maybe they have the hidden attribute and you have them visible in Windows Explorer and invisible in FC? Maybe accidentally?