Paste?

Discussion, questions and support.
UniverseOpSys

Paste?

#1 Post by UniverseOpSys » 17.06.2016, 01:29

New user here. For the life of me I can't find a paste function for copying from one search window to another. I could delete from one and select from another window what I wanted there but when faced with the problem of then replacing (copy->pasting) it from elsewhere I remain stumped.

Thanks for any help.

Timon

Re: Paste?

#2 Post by Timon » 17.06.2016, 08:04

Search windows give you only search results according to your search preferences. Yes, you can delete any item or copy selected item from search window, but you can't paste anything to search window. But you can paste anything you want to file panel.

UniverseOpSys

Re: Paste?

#3 Post by UniverseOpSys » 19.06.2016, 03:12

Timon wrote:Search windows give you only search results according to your search preferences. Yes, you can delete any item or copy selected item from search window, but you can't paste anything to search window. But you can paste anything you want to file panel.
D'oh. So obvious. Thanks.

Using it I think it might have a classic memory leak (or rapacious hunger). There's no apparent use of caching in use by its index which would help a lot at a low level. I like the sweet, old, functional interface a lot though. Don't ever change it. Skeuomorph power, brothers.

We Skeumorphs are at a low ebb interest wise and spirit wise but we're still here and gaining strength in virtual reality. Let "Modern" be just a place accessible from within a good Skeumorphic interface you can see from anything, starting with flat panels. "The" Project waiting to happen. Doesn't have to start big.