Profiles for tabs?

Discussion, questions and support.
Dirk

Profiles for tabs?

#1 Post by Dirk » 30.08.2015, 11:19

Is there a way to show special tabs the way you could if you had a profile for different tabs to be shown on different occasions? E.g. show special tabs only when an external hard disk is plugged in.

And, can one undisplay special tabs not being needed at the moment?
FC newest stable version, portable
Win 7 64bit

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Profiles for tabs?

#2 Post by Dreamer » 30.08.2015, 16:30

You can use the layouts, menu > view > layouts. Create as many layouts as you need, with tabs you need and save the layouts, then just select and apply the one you need, you can use the Ctrl+G shortcut, and/or direct layout shortcuts, Alt+1 - Alt+0. All shortcuts are customizable (menu > tools > define keyboard shortcuts, then type "lay" within the filter field).

Dirk

#3 Post by Dirk » 30.08.2015, 20:08

Many thanks, Dreamer,

I assume, with such a layout one can store all of the own settings, tool bars, favorites and so on. So when I change anything, e.g. add a new favorite that only would effect the layout being chosen / displayed at the moment. And if I want the favorite to be shown in all of the layouts, I would have to change / adapt all of the layouts. Is that correct? If yes, I guess, it would a bit circumstantial to each time adapt all of the layouts.

Many thanks again
Win 7 64bit

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 30.08.2015, 20:27

You're welcome. I don't use layouts, but I tried now and it looks the settings, toolbars and favorites are not affected. When using auto-save option for all layouts, then tabs and window size, splitter position are saved separately to each layout, but the settings, toolbar buttons and favorite items are saved to all layouts, so it works as expected, good IMO.

Dirk

#5 Post by Dirk » 31.08.2015, 01:04

Many thanks for testing, I should have done it a bit more intensively. Yes, it appears to work like I wanted it. May be some more settings concerning the layout could be effected, but at the moment I cannot find any. I just will use that option from now on, the different layouts and see what will happen.

Very good idea, many thanks again.
Win 7 64bit