Synchronize Folder not working with network folders

Discussion, questions and support.
lgt_auto

Synchronize Folder not working with network folders

#1 Post by lgt_auto » 26.07.2015, 00:41

When I select Synchronize from the Folder dropdown menu (or press alt-S), the Synchronize window flashes for an instant, than closes if a network folder is one of the folders selected for synchronization. I looked for a solution to this in the forum, but couldn't find it.

This is a fresh installation of FreeCommander XE build 685 32 bit on a Windows 8.1 system.

Timon

Re: Synchronize Folder not working with network folders

#2 Post by Timon » 26.07.2015, 08:18

Problem with network share sync already discussed here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6201 Try to change settings, as described

lgt_auto

#3 Post by lgt_auto » 26.07.2015, 19:06

Thanks for the link! The setting change recommended there is, "...change the option "Count of worker threads" to 1 (Tools->Settings->File/folder list - General)."

That didn't solve my issue. The Synchronize function works just fine on the older version of FreeCommander (2009.02b), but that version doesn't seem to be able to access my phone SD card, and I want to keep music synchronized between the phone and a network folder, so I'm trying to make FC XE work. The problem happens when folders being compared are on a local hard drive and drive on network computers (so it's the network that seems to be the issue, not the phone/SD card folder).

lgt_auto

#4 Post by lgt_auto » 26.07.2015, 19:11

I did discover a workaround. It works if I map the network drive as a local drive. It would be nice not to have to do that, but at least that should work for what I'm trying to do.

lgt_auto

#5 Post by lgt_auto » 26.07.2015, 20:05

I wrote too soon that the mapped network drive would solve the problem. It does work for the network folder, but apparently access to the SD card folder through the phone interface causes the same issue. I'm accessing it through 0: Desktop>This PC>Phone>SD Card. I don't think that folder can be mapped as a local drive (or at least I don't know how to do that).

Timon

#6 Post by Timon » 26.07.2015, 20:49

Try to discover your smartphone settings. You should find there something similar to USB settings.
My phone has such settings there:
- <Phone developer> device (with that setting I see phone as a device)
- Mediaplayer (I never used that setting)
- Removable device (with that setting I see phone as a disk drive, letter is mapped automatically after connecting to PC)