"Right align extension..." has no effect

Discussion, questions and support.
WartHog

"Right align extension..." has no effect

#1 Post by WartHog » 13.01.2015, 19:37

FC XE 2015 Beta build 680 public
Win-7 Ultimate +SP1 x64

I am new to FCXE, so perhaps I just misunderstand how this is supposed to work:

I see this picture on the "screenshots" page" ...
... which shows the file extensions right-aligned, as I would like to have them displayed.

I go to Tools | Settings | View | General tab | File/folder list |
I enabled the "Right align extension for list and details view" check-box, and save.

However, this has no effect on the display of the extensions, which are still displayed immediately after the filename (NOT right-justified), like this:

I closed and re-opened FC, and even re-started the computer, but still get no right-aligned extensions. When I look again at the configuration settings, the enable-box remains checked, just as I had marked it.

It seems that FC is not paying attention to this particular setting. Other changes I have made to the settings do work as expected.

Is this a bug for everyone, or do I just need to make some other adjustment?

joby_toss

Re: "Right align extension..." has no effect

#2 Post by joby_toss » 13.01.2015, 20:41

It seems to be a bug, indeed. I never noticed it, as I only use Details view and the following settings (the effect is similar):

Marek
Author
Author

#3 Post by Marek » 13.01.2015, 21:08

"Right align extension for list and details view" is valid only for main Window.
Additionally you must deactivate "Use Windows colors" under Settings->Select items->General.

WartHog

#4 Post by WartHog » 14.01.2015, 05:50

Thank you for the quick replies, Marek and joby_toss. Excellent program, FC is an amazing piece of work!

I used a screen shot of the multi-rename window from your website only to be an example. The problem with the extension not being right-aligned does occur in my main window.

I used the method suggested by joby_toss, above, but changed the direction of the alignment for the extension. Now it works corrrectly.

Thank you.