(my very personal list of) FreeCommander issues (many!)

Discussion, questions and support.
frelumpp

(my very personal list of) FreeCommander issues (many!)

#1 Post by frelumpp » 22.11.2014, 13:38

1. I have FreeCommander opened with two panels, both having the tree and the file list. The right one has the files ordered by name, the left one has them ordered by date. If I press the switch icon (like a white opened book with a double-pointed arrow over it) the order types are switched, too, but I think this should not occur.

2. I want to get rid of the preview window at the left panel bottom, how can I do it? I resized it to zero height but is still has a border.

3. In the left panel, every time I move to a PDF file, a message opens, asking if I want to download or open the file. What does it mean, and how can I stop it appearing?

4. In the right panel I have more files than are viewable. Moving with the down arrow I browse them, then I move past the window bottom, the list does not shifts one line up and I cannot see the selected file; then I press the down arrow again and the file list shifts two lines up so I see the newly selected file (and the previously selected one, at last). When I come to the last file, it is not visible and I can only press page down in order to see it.

5. I went to Settings, Column profiles, then I clicked on the hammer icon and de-selected "Autosize for Name column". I gave OK, then made a try, resizing the Name column in a folder list, then changed to the upper level and the column was auto-resized, went back to the down folder and the column was re-sized, too. Then I made the same operations, saved settings before changing folder, but the same behavior happened. The Autosize was selected again.
Then I changed the column width. Regardless on selecting the Autosize or not, the column always maintain the chosen width. Then I resize it, move to another folder and find the column having back the saved width, so has the previous folder column. I think the setting should have a "elastic" setting method: if I resize it, it stays resized, and this is the way the previous version behave.

6. In the previous FreeCommander version (not XE), the "Extract the selected items from archive file" worked for ZIP files and for RAR files as well, now the RAR files are no more supported. The icon hilighted name seems odd: I think it should be "Extract items from the selected archive file", don't you think? As I have one file selected.

7. I choose color for the selected folder in the tree list of both panels. This color only shows when the tree list is selected, not when the file list is selected. By pressing Shift-Tab I move from one list to the other and the difference appears.

8. I can select multiple files by keeping Ctrl while clicking on them. I once could also do it by using up and down arrows, then pressing Spacebar, together with the Ctrl pressed. Now this seems impossible.

Thanks to everyone
Riccardo Baldinotti

Timon

Re: (my very personal list of) FreeCommander issues (many!)

#2 Post by Timon » 22.11.2014, 16:31

now the RAR files are no more supported
What version you are using? Since 675 donor INTERNAL UNRAR version 5 plugin is supported (in earlier you could use Total7Zip plugin that supported RAR version 4)
So please update to FreeCommander XE 2015 release 680 public beta http://freecommander.com/fc_beta_en.htm

I think some other problems would be automatically solved.

And please, in future, report 1 bugreport in 1 topic.

frelumpp

#3 Post by frelumpp » 22.11.2014, 21:50

Thanks for your answer.
I went to this page:
http://www.freecommander.com/fc_downl_en.htm
and downloaded the file FreeCommanderXE_setup.zip
installed it, but in the Help/About screen I still read 'build 650'.
Issue no. 5 was solved, the others were not.
Should I go to another dl page?

frelumpp

#5 Post by frelumpp » 23.11.2014, 11:15

Thanks, I found it and it gave me answers to issues no. 1, 4, 5 and 7. I will post a more accurate description for the remains, in single posts.
How could have found the dl page, starting from home?

Timon

#6 Post by Timon » 23.11.2014, 13:39

How could have found the dl page, starting from home?
On main download page find
FreeCommander XE 2015 release 680 public beta
(with yellow background color)
it is there