When dragging / dropping is it possible to never add to zip?

Discussion, questions and support.
Free4all

When dragging / dropping is it possible to never add to zip?

#1 Post by Free4all » 21.11.2014, 00:19

Often, when dragging / dropping a file from one pane to the other, the destination pane is filled with files, some of which are zip files. There is no empty space to drop the file onto. I always have to be real careful not to accidentally drop the file onto a zip file, because it will get added to that file.

Is there a way to turn off that functionality (without removing other functionality)?

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: When dragging / dropping is it possible to never add to

#2 Post by Dreamer » 21.11.2014, 02:09

You can drag the item to the address bar.

Another workaround is the splitter bar, copy/move buttons, together with some auto-options you can just click the splitter button once to copy to other panel - that way FC operations are possible, so you can copy/move large files and continue working in FC.

Free4all

#3 Post by Free4all » 21.11.2014, 07:56

Dreamer wrote:You can drag the item to the address bar.
I didn't know that. Thank you! :D It requires some precision, but is definitely worth trying.
Dreamer wrote:Another workaround is the splitter bar, copy/move buttons, together with some auto-options you can just click the splitter button once to copy to other panel - that way FC operations are possible, so you can copy/move large files and continue working in FC.
That's another workaround worth a try. Thank you again.

The discovery or addition of an option to disable the forced "add to zip" via drag and drop across panels (without removing other functionality) will be welcomed!

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 21.11.2014, 16:12

I'm using the drag&drop menu to avoid that: