Batch Renaming Title and #

Discussion, questions and support.
midevildle

Batch Renaming Title and #

#1 Post by midevildle » 04.08.2014, 23:27

Hi, I've been trying to rename a bunch of mp3 files (245 files, for an audiobook) to put onto an ipod, with FreeCommander did great. I used a title and [c] to get a counter 1- 245 to put the files in order. However I can't see a way to rename the parts of the file that Itunes actually sorts by. When it renames it is renaming the name of the files, when I put it into Itunes it sorts by title, or by #. I can see those things in properties but not a way to rename them by counter all at once, like I can with the name.

Here is a picture of what I mean here: http://imgur.com/FMFs8pM) You can see the name renaming worked fine to the left. Within properties what I want to rename by counter is the Title (where it says RENAME THIS) and the # that is highlighted.

So renaming the file in multi rename tool is not changing the actual title of the file. Is there a way I can do that for many files at once, by counter?

Thanks.
Last edited by midevildle on 05.08.2014, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Batch Renaming Title and #

#2 Post by Dreamer » 05.08.2014, 01:48

Hello,

from your screenshot it's not visible, which parameters are you using, try to use these this as pattern File name:

Code: Select all

[mp3album] [c]
For counter settings use numbers 1 1 3 (3 for Digits)

If you want to change the ID3 tag parameters like title, album, you need another tool, like mp3tag.

midevildle

Re: Batch Renaming Title and #

#3 Post by midevildle » 05.08.2014, 02:03

Yeah, I'm using all that. Although just putting in the name and counter (Name [c]), and yeah 1 1 3.

It's the title and # count I want to alter so I'll try mp3tag. (EDIT: Which worked great, thanks)

Thanks.