Prevent Tree Selection From Changing Active Tab?

Discussion, questions and support.
tackyjan

Prevent Tree Selection From Changing Active Tab?

#1 Post by tackyjan » 14.07.2014, 18:14

Hello All!!

First of all let me say hello and that I love this program! :) I was looking for something like this for a while and this is the best one I found. And it's free!

I have a quick question... How do I setup FreeCommander so that selecting an item on the tree doesn't cause the active tab to follow the selection?

Ideally I would like to be able to right-click an item on the tree and be able to select something like "Follow In Active Tab" or something to that effect. Another nice feature would be to add a popup menu item to the tree selection for opening the selection in a new tab.

Thank you,

Jan

dsperber

Re: Prevent Tree Selection From Changing Active Tab?

#2 Post by dsperber » 15.07.2014, 04:08

tackyjan wrote:Ideally I would like to be able to right-click an item on the tree and be able to select something like "Follow In Active Tab" or something to that effect. Another nice feature would be to add a popup menu item to the tree selection for opening the selection in a new tab.
I'm not an expert on tabs, but if you right-click on an item in the tree you get the Windows Explorer context menu... which really doesn't know about FCXE and tabs.

Instead, if you first right-click on an existing tab, you'll get a context menu. The very top first item in the menu is "new folder tab". If you select this item, a new tab will be created and given the focus. Now you can select the item you wanted in the tree and it will be implemented in the new tab you just opened.

So you yourself control whether you want a tree selection to be in a new tab or in an existing tab, at least that's how I see it. Are you seeing different behavior when you select an item in the tree? You get a new tab automatically? I don't.