hide the folder tab bar?

Discussion, questions and support.
reiver

hide the folder tab bar?

#1 Post by reiver » 06.03.2014, 20:55

I'm delighted to see a new version of FC so many thanks for that!

I have one small irritation with it - I guess everyone finds something they don't like...;-( - and wonder if anyone can help?

There is what I think is called a Folder Tab Bar. It can be positioned between the address bar and the file/folder list or below the file/folder list. In fact, I'd quite like to hide it altogether but have failed to find a way to do that. Is it possible?

Any help appreciated - great product!

John

joby_toss

Re: hide the folder tab bar?

#2 Post by joby_toss » 06.03.2014, 21:18

Deactivate this option and close all tabs:

And voila, no Tab Bar:

But you'll miss a lot of fun! :)

reiver

#3 Post by reiver » 07.03.2014, 09:06

I had tried closing those tabs but the last one always stayed open. I had also tried unchecking the 'Always Keep One Tab Open' option but nothing happened and the tab was still there.

What I hadn't tried was unchecking that option and then closing the last tab - you have to do both...;-)

So many thanks and I am now a happy camper!!

...and now that the problem has been solved, I'll take your advice and bring those tabs back to see how I might use them. We'll see...

Thanks again for your help and I've also made a donation to the developer.

John

wrbird

#4 Post by wrbird » 07.03.2014, 18:50

The tabs are a crucial part and benefit of using FC. I regularly have several tabs open in order to move around quickly in the different folders I'm using. If you're only working in one folder all the time, then the tabs and split windows won't be useful. however, even if you don't, there are so many other features that FC has to offer that you should find extremely useful. I use FC has my command center to access everything I need to do in one click -- open programs, folders, files. Sync/compare folders, access the Windows control panel, many, many other features. Have fun exploring!

reiver

#5 Post by reiver » 07.03.2014, 20:47

I am intending to look at these and I'm sure there are plenty of other features that I haven't yet discovered.

I expect it's the old story: you get a shiny new updated piece of software and the very first thing you try to do is to get it to work in the same way that it always used to...;-)

John

wrbird

#6 Post by wrbird » 07.03.2014, 21:19

So true about using something new in an old way. I've been using FC since back in the 2009 days and previously used PowerDesk since 2001. FC is absolutely an excellent and powerful program. I'm still learning features. I just asked about quick starter and linked browsing. The guys on this forum are most wonderfully helpful. And it's all free -- amazing. However, I have donated a couple of times because I'm just so impressed. I hope you experience the same.