Changing File Name From Lower to Upper Case

Discussion, questions and support.
Aurelius

Changing File Name From Lower to Upper Case

#1 Post by Aurelius » 01.01.2014, 19:31

I would like to change a number of non-consecutive file names from lower case to upper case.

This is a simple way of displaying files that are important and are to be handled with care.

While I can do this manually, I would prefer a menu or other less labor-intensive way of doing this.

Thank you for your assistance.

Aurelius

joby_toss

Re: Changing File Name From Lower to Upper Case

#2 Post by joby_toss » 01.01.2014, 20:19

Select those files and hit Ctrl+M:

Aurelius

#3 Post by Aurelius » 01.01.2014, 21:19

Great answer. Works perfectly. Is there a way I can mark a number of files, NOT CONSECUTIVE, so that I can process them at one time?

Thanks for the prompt and accurate service!

Aurelius

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 01.01.2014, 23:01

I'm not sure I understand this part.
You can select multiple non-consecutive files using Ctrl+LMB (or Ctrl+Space and arrows), just like in Windows Explorer and then use Multi-rename tool (Ctrl+M) on all of them (selected only) at once.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 02.01.2014, 00:11

Aurelius wrote:Is there a way I can mark a number of files, NOT CONSECUTIVE, so that I can process them at one time?
You can select more files with Ctrl+left mouse button, or when activate the NC-mode in settings, using Space or/and Insert key.

Additionally, you can use the shortcut Alt+Num + to select files with same extension, this is very useful, the shortcut is changeable, I'm using these shortcuts for selecting:

Ctrl+A / Ctrl+S / Ctrl+D (select all / select all with same ext. / deselect all)

BTW Please use one topic per question, it's easier to answer and find by other users, more in the Forum Rules. Thanks.