FreeCommander XE picks up top spot at Gizmo's Freeware

Discussion, questions and support.
jackuars

FreeCommander XE picks up top spot at Gizmo's Freeware

#1 Post by jackuars » 25.12.2013, 12:21

Good news.....FreeCommander XE has secured the Editor's pick at Best Free File Manager at Gizmos' Freeware.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... anager.htm

Cheers :D

Uhuru NUru

Re: FreeCommander XE picks up top spot at Gizmo's Freeware

#2 Post by Uhuru NUru » 27.12.2013, 23:16

First great to see XE released as Official version finally and this Gizmo award is well deserved. I actually only tried out Free Commander via Gizmo's old reccomendation for non XE version and only used it for 5 minutes before I decided it was too old, though it had potential, it clearly had not been developed since 2009 as stated on last version.
That decision was mitigated by my choice of XE out of all Gizmo's Recommendations as of 6 mohth back. (I tried them all out).

I do a lot of game modding and find the locking of tabs to specific folders invaluable and with ability for commonly used folder pairs to be linked by Favourites settings for one click switches this makes it a pleasure to use.
Now that it's released I have discovered the FreeCommander XE ×64 version is the new Beta and decided to donate to access that Beta.
Hopefully it will be developed to release a bit faster, but good free software by a single developer working in spare time only, always is going to take longer than would be acceptable for paid for software.
It's worth waiting for or if you must have it now a donation of €10 (Euros) will get you Beta Access and that's permanent beta access.