Multirename - Avoiding redundant reload click?

Discussion, questions and support.
griperus

Multirename - Avoiding redundant reload click?

#1 Post by griperus » 31.05.2021, 10:53

Greetings. I've been using the 2009 version of FC since... well, 2009 and it's awesome. Had a newer system, figured I'd check in with the new version (2021), and I'm just having a confounding time with the multi-rename, which is what I use about 90% of the time I'm in FC. I can't seem to find the setting that automatically reloads like in the old version: Every time I rename, I have to click again to 'refresh'. Is there any way to fix this bizarre behavior and have it work in the intuitive way? I tend to do a lot of renames on the same set of files.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to just have old name and new name; deleting all the other columns doesn't work, and the best I've been able to do is just leave one (size). Is there a file that one can edit? I know this is a small thing but again, since this dialog is where I spend most my time, it's meaningful to me. Thanks and cheers!

Karol

Re: Multirename - Avoiding redundant reload click?

#2 Post by Karol » 31.05.2021, 15:01

I can't seem to find the setting that automatically reloads like in the old version: Every time I rename, I have to click again to 'refresh'. Is there any way to fix this bizarre behavior and have it work in the intuitive way? I tend to do a lot of renames on the same set of files.
"Auto preview" should be checked.
Also, I can't seem to figure out how to just have old name and new name; deleting all the other columns doesn't work, and the best I've been able to do is just leave one (size). Is there a file that one can edit? I know this is a small thing but again, since this dialog is where I spend most my time, it's meaningful to me.
Options->Select columns

griperus

Re: Multirename - Avoiding redundant reload click?

#3 Post by griperus » 31.05.2021, 21:59

Thank you for taking the time to respond, though it feels as though there's a communication issue.

I have auto-preview checked, but that has no bearing on needing to click 'rename', and then 'reload' directly after, for every alteration.

For 'select columns', there's no way to actually remove the optional columns fully. You can see this yourself; just try to remove all columns except the (greyed out) old name and new name. It won't remove any. If you remove all but just size, it'll do it, but you can't remove size, then.