I open multiple vids from FreeCommander in VLC, I get video and controls separated.

Discussion, questions and support.
JoaquinViggo

I open multiple vids from FreeCommander in VLC, I get video and controls separated.

#1 Post by JoaquinViggo » 03.05.2021, 20:59

I've confirmed this doesn't happen in normal Explorer, and I can have multiple vids without split video and controls if I open VLC first and then drag and drop the vids I want into an open playlist without issue. Any time I go to open two or more vids from FC, it gives me a popup warning me about opening too many and/or too large files at once, then when I choose ok and VLC opens, the vid and the controls are separated.

Does anyone know which is causing this? How to prevent it so I always get combined vid + controls? Admittedly I'm able to work around it, but it's still annoying.

Odamn-Ete

Re: I open multiple vids from FreeCommander in VLC, I get video and controls separated.

#2 Post by Odamn-Ete » 05.05.2021, 09:55

Hey JoaquinViggo,

do you have more info?
Version of VLC, of Windows, of FC...
What format are the video files in?
How many files are you trying to open at any one time?

I'm using VLC with FC 846 and can open several videos at once without issues, i.e. .wmv, .mp4, .3gp, .mpeg.

All videos are in the playlist, controls are not separated.

Instead of directly opening the files, try adding them to the playlist.

Best regards,

EDIT: I tested with Windows Explorer and I experience the same behavior as when opening multiple files with FC.
I think what you mean here is that the video is initially opened in a fly out window. In the title bar of the flyout there is (Direct3D11 output) to be seen. This would lead me to believe it is an issue with VLC or with Windows. If you press stop and play again the videos are displayed in the main panel of VLC. This main panel is visible at all times. When you write "the controls are split" I assumed you meant the controls without the main panel were visible.