help adding buttons to the "Address Bar - actions toolbar"

Discussion, questions and support.
ottenm

help adding buttons to the "Address Bar - actions toolbar"

#1 Post by ottenm » 12.11.2020, 01:15

I'd like to add a few buttons to the "Address Bar - actions toolbar" (they're for the folders I have "pinned to Quick Access" in Windows), ... but not having any luck

I already have a "Favorites folder" icon in the "AB- actions" toolbar, but it's a little overloaded. Would love to add single-click icons for just the favorites of the favorites.

And I did figure out how to add them to the "Actions Toolbar" that's above the Address Bar ("Tools > Favorite Tools"), but same thing, pretty full toolbar as is.

Any help greatly appreciated-

Mike

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: help adding buttons to the "Address Bar - actions toolbar"

#2 Post by Dreamer » 12.11.2020, 20:51

I don't understand, you can add the button to main toolbar, but you can't add the same button to address bar?

Which button is it - the full name? The commands list should be the same for any toolbar.

ottenm

#3 Post by ottenm » 12.11.2020, 21:11

I am probably not doing this right:
I followed "Tools > Favorite Tools > Favorite Tools Edit" (Shift-Ctrl-Y)
I clicked "Add New Item" on the left, and entered the Name and the "Program or Folder" (folder) on the right.
Under the "General Options" tab, I also checked "Integrate favorite toolbars with action toolbars".

When I click on the button, it opens the folder.

Many apologies if there's a preferred way to add a button that opens a folder ...

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 12.11.2020, 21:50

OK, so you want to add the favorites folder to address bar. Use this tip, it's the same for address bar, you can use favorite tool or favorite.

FAQ – Favorite tools

ottenm

#5 Post by ottenm » 15.11.2020, 21:36

Super close! I've got the favorites folder on the address bar, and I want to keep that, but I'd like to move a few of my favorites (from inside the favorites folder) up (and directly onto) the address bar.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 16.11.2020, 17:17

You need to assign a shortcut for the favorite item, or favorite tool item, then you can add it as on the screenshot, please read that FAQ again.

ottenm

#7 Post by ottenm » 17.11.2020, 22:02

So sorry, have studied the faq page five times now and can't figure out how to add a shortcut where the red arrows are. I have about 10 folder/shortcuts inside my favorites folder, and I'd like to move of them up and out of the favorites folder so they show up where the red arrows are. Many apologies.

https://ibb.co/4Ytf5SJ

sorry for the link, also can't figure out how the image button/tag/markup works. ;(

ottenm

#8 Post by ottenm » 17.11.2020, 22:07

sorry again, I don't think it's a "shortcut" that I want, that seems to be just for keyboard shortcuts. Trying to make a (button? link? folder?) right where the red arrows are, so that when I click on it, the (browser?) opens a particular folder.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#9 Post by Dreamer » 17.11.2020, 23:20

You don't have to use the shortcuts, but you have to assign them, if you want to add the folder to address bar or splitter, it's the only way, here you can find how to do it:

https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/D ... lbars.html

Then continue with the FAQ link from above - if you want a custom icon, click the [..] next to item.