Automatic renaming / numbering of files?

Discussion, questions and support.
Forez

Automatic renaming / numbering of files?

#1 Post by Forez » 26.10.2020, 21:58

I few days ago I noticed a new feature of automatic changing of the same filenames: i.e. when I had a file named

Code: Select all

Someting someting 0000.txt
in a folder and tried to create a second one named exactly the same, then upon pressing Enter the name would change by itself to

Someting someting 00001.txt
Back then I had no time to write a post about it, but I wanted to request adjustment to that feature: so that the number wold be inserted with a pause before it; or and underscore or some other special sing. So the set of files would look like this

Someting someting 0000 1.txt
or

Someting someting 0000_1.txt
which would be a vital in case of filenames made of numbers in its end. Or even better; make the user choose how this should numbering look like instead of just giving the users one default option to be turned on and off

But now it seems that this option is comletely gone. I am using Build 810a 32-bit public but also went to check this now on 830 32-bit Public Beta- but it is still absent and these are the only 2 versions I have been using for a couple of weeks now and that numbering thing happened a few days ago

So my question would be: is there such an option now in FC - or did I experience some weird [but handy] bug during just that one session few days ago?

I do not really recall it those were TXT files that I notice this feature with- but I do remember that I played a little with it just to make sure that I am not imagining things

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Automatic renaming / numbering of files?

#2 Post by Dreamer » 26.10.2020, 22:28

I have this feature in 830 32-bit public beta and 831 64-bit donor, also with default settings.

Forez

Re: Automatic renaming / numbering of files?

#3 Post by Forez » 11.02.2021, 18:26

And so it seems, as in version 840 public this feature is also present