Viewer vs. Quick Viewer questions

Discussion, questions and support.
Forez

Viewer vs. Quick Viewer questions

#1 Post by Forez » 19.02.2020, 22:28

https://freecommander.com/en/faq-viewer/#preview-pdf

1] That FAQ entry has Viewer in its title but switches constantly in its writings between Viewer and Quick Viewer? Why this distinction; or why this confusion?

2] How to turn on this Viewer and not the Quick Viewer?

3] If I have the "Use the same settings for viewer and quick viewer" box selected, but after changing under the

Settings > View > Viewer > Viewer > Text > Color > Text bacground color

the color white to some other and yet when viewing a TXT file with the Quick Viewer I still see black letters on white background- should I be worried?

4] Are color settings for Viewer added to the Color Schema?

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Viewer vs. Quick Viewer questions

#2 Post by Dreamer » 19.02.2020, 23:11

1) Even in the settings there is Viewer in tree and the first item there is "Quick viewer", but perhaps it could be renamed to "Viewer / Quick viewer" and some basic question "What is viewer and how to open it?" could be added - using F3...

2) Menu > File > Viewer (first item in menu) or F3 or using a toolbar button, it should the the last button in the splitter (above the recycle bin).

4) No, but the colors from color scheme are using in viewer by default, you can change it using the ini option.
- Implemented: Now color scheme is used in Viewer and quick viewer
- Implemented: option to define in the freecommander.ini for deactivating of the color scheme in viewer - "ViewerUseColorScheme=0"

Forez

#3 Post by Forez » 27.02.2020, 20:36

Forez wrote: 19.02.2020, 22:28 [...]
3] If I have the "Use the same settings for viewer and quick viewer" box selected, but after changing under the

Settings > View > Viewer > Viewer > Text > Color > Text bacground color

the color white to some other and yet when viewing a TXT file with the Quick Viewer I still see black letters on white background- should I be worried?
[...]
It seem that I need to close and reopen either Viewer or the whole FreeCommander [or both] for some settings to kick in. [I even sometimes, when I click "Apply" button, the pop up box with the error of application asking me if I want to continue using FC or reopen in]
Dreamer wrote: 19.02.2020, 23:11 [...]
4) No, but the colors from color scheme are using in viewer by default, you can change it using the ini option.
- Implemented: Now color scheme is used in Viewer and quick viewer
- Implemented: option to define in the freecommander.ini for deactivating of the color scheme in viewer - "ViewerUseColorScheme=0"
Since which version is that implemented? [As apparently in my Build 770 32-bit public that is not so]

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 27.02.2020, 22:01

That ini option was implemented in 798 donor, it works also in the latest public version.

It's not a good idea to use old version, please report a bug if you have some, I think there is no critical bugs in the last public version.

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 18.03.2020, 18:05

Unfortunately I am forced to use an older version: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9703