Context menu always on other monitor :(

Discussion, questions and support.
depc

Context menu always on other monitor :(

#1 Post by depc » 13.02.2020, 17:38

I just upgraded laptops and switched from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. I installed the latest version - XE 2020 build 810a 32 bit. Now whenever I right click on anything, the context menu comes up on a different monitor. I can set the FreeCommander window to be very small, and put it in the center of one monitor - and then right click on something - still, the menu comes up on a different monitor.

I use two monitors as well as the laptops build in screen. Only when the FreeCommander window is on the laptop screen does the context menu show on the same screen.

MS Windows Explorer does nto have similar behavior.

Is there anything I can do to change this ...., It's quite awkward.

Forez

Re: Context menu always on other monitor :(

#2 Post by Forez » 19.02.2020, 22:36

If I understood you correctly, you have multiple monitors hooked up to the laptop - but only on the laptop FC behaves normally?

So what happens if you close the laptop- does not the FC viewed on those other screen start to behave normally?

depc

Re: Context menu always on other monitor :(

#3 Post by depc » 02.04.2020, 23:49

Actually, now I notice that it is only the context menu for the 'files list panel' that does not appear on the same screen. The context menu for the directory tree will appear on the same screen as the app.

If I close the laptop screen, then things work fine - everything appears on the same screen.

Since the Covid outbreak I'm now working with just the laptop and ONE connected monitor.