I may have messed with the colors

Discussion, questions and support.
reble

I may have messed with the colors

#1 Post by reble » 27.11.2019, 12:16

I am having a problem with Free Commander XE build 790a 32bit on a Sony laptop OS Win 7 Home 32bit. Please view the screen capture DropBox link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bm87t5hhs1tk ... l.jpg?dl=0

Both panels are of the same Free Commander XE, same build. The left panel is on my Dell laptop (my primary computer OS Win 10 Home 32bit). The right panel is on the Sony laptop that I am setting up.

I was messing with the font colors on the Sony laptop for the heck of it and now I have what I have in the right panel in the screen capture. Both dir's "C:\games\dgames" in the Dell and Sony laptops are exactly the same. I use DosBox emulator to run the DOS games so the Bat files that I have setup to start the DOS games need them to be in the right dir's to run. Anyways I tried uninstalling Free Commander and I got the following "some of the files didn't get uninstalled" (that isn't word for word on the Windows message box) but that's the idea. I don't know how to fix this problem with Free Commander short of whipping the HD partition clean on the Sony (the Sony works fine otherwise) and starting over again, installing everything.

reble

Re: I may have messed with the colors

#2 Post by reble » 28.11.2019, 14:18

No tanks to anyone responding to this post. I stumbled on how to reset FreeCommander to the default fonts and colors. I found a post on line that said to del the INI file. I found the INI file in "AppData > Local > FreeCommanderXE > settings". By del the "FreeCommanderXE" dir. It forced the Freecomander prog to make a new FreeCommanderXE dir with the default fonts and colors in the new INI file.

Forez

Re: I may have messed with the colors

#3 Post by Forez » 13.02.2020, 15:06

Thanx for your tanks